Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Favors

Let me ask you a question. I want you to go with the first thing that comes to your mind, because that is the answer I'm looking for.

When you ask for a favor, big or small . . . how do you phrase it?


Now let me ask you another question.


What do you consider a HUGE favor?

Here are some favors that I consider huge:

1.) Asking for a kidney.

2.) Asking to borrow a large amount of money.

and finally

3.) Asking for a second chance when you know you don't deserve it.


Recently, every time someone asks me for a favor, they label it as huge. So when they say "Hey, can you do me a HUGE favor?", I brace myself and say "sure, what?" Here are some of the HUGE favors I have done for people recently:

1.) I let someone borrow a pen.

2.) I made change for a dollar.

Don't forget, these are HUGE favors . . .

3.) I passed someone the salt.

4.) I gave someone a nickel.


The list goes on . . . and with all these HUGE favors I'm doing for people, I think I might have something good coming to me soon.

The moral of this post is this:

Choose your words wisely around me, because if you don't, I WILL label you an idiot.

4 comments:

cadiz12 said...

i the only reason to use HUGE with asking a favor is if you don't think the person is going to do it and you want them to be relieved at what the request really is.

Anonymous said...

Lol.

Madelyn said...

Damnit Cadiz, you're right.

Anonymous said...

I kinda feel like it would be better to not preface it with that kind of question at all. I would just casually say, "Oh hey, you mind giving me a kidney?"