Thursday, October 16, 2008

100 divided by 4

Well, as some of you may know it was my birthday a little while ago. I turned 25 and I feel at least a day older than I was the day before. I didn't mind turning 25, you see, every time it's almost my birthday I start thinking of myself as the age I will be when my birthday finally arrives. So, although my birthday was only a week ago, I've been telling people I am 25 for at least 3 weeks now. Also, I know no matter how old I get I will always be 8 years younger than my oldest sister, 6 years younger than my brother, and a year and a half younger than my other older sister. In other words, I will always be the youngest person in my immediate family. However on the other side of that I will always be 9 months older than my best friend and 2 years older than her boyfriend who is also one of my roommates.

Anyhow, the point of this post is not to talk about how old I feel (18) or how much younger I am than my family members. The point is to talk about all the cool stuff I got. Which is really what birthdays are all about. Right?

Lets begin with what I did that day and I'll work all the Cool gifts in.

When I woke up it was early. I thought it was at least 10 o'clock, but it was apparently only 8:15. I would have kept sleeping but I just wasn't tired. So I woke up, showered and went to the gas station to purchase my daily RedBull. MMMMM . . . . RedBull . . . so delicious . . . so full of caffeine . . . what was I talking about? Oh right, my birthday.

Okay, so after I got my RedBull, I decided to clean the apartment. My roommates family had just left the day before and I needed organization! Luckily I know how to clean thoroughly because I lived with my OCD sister for a total of one year. ( Just to be clear, I said a TOTAL of one year . . . I just want to make sure you understand that it was not one consecutive year).

I knew my roommates wouldn't wake up for quite some time. I'm not even sure they know what 10 am looks like, let alone 8.

So I began cleaning. I took out the trash, wiped down the counter, scrubbed the kitchen floor. It felt good. By the time I was done my roommates had woken up and while I was putting away the mop and broom in the closet right next to their bedroom door, Bo opened the door and yelled my name, which scared the bejeezies out of me, as was his goal. You see we always try to scare each other. Unfortunately, he is always much more successful than me, because I scare much more easily. In fact I think the only times I've ever really scared him were accidental.

Anyway, when they woke up Anna asked me what I wanted to do that day and I told her nothing, which was completely true. It was my only day off that week and I just wanted to relax. She said that was fine but she had to go to the DMV to take her driving test because she needed to get a California driver's license instead of the stupid Nevada one she was carrying around.
I said that was fine, it gave me more ME time. So her and Bo left for the DMV around 11 o'clock.

I spent the next few hours just relaxing and watching television. Around 2 o'clock I was very hungry. My roommates were supposed to be bringing me a sandwich from Mr. Pickles, but they were taking FOREVER. I still waited though. I love Mr. Pickles. While I was waiting the mail came and I got a package from my parents and my sister (the older one, not the oldest one). I was so excited and opened it quickly. It was a little difficult because my hands were shaking from the hunger.

When I finally got it open there was a bag (some might consider it a purse, but I refuse to call it that). A really cool bag! One I would actually carry with me wherever I went. I know this was my sisters idea because she thinks I have a problem with losing my wallet and keys. I mean, yes I do occasionally forget where I put those things . . . which in turn causes me to turn the house upside down looking for them . . . but that's normal right? And I don't understand what the big deal is about leaving your wallet in your car! Just because I have one of the easiest cars to break into, and it's been stolen once and broken into once doesn't mean it will keep happening.

Nevertheless, I really like the bag. And I am proud to say that I have taken it everywhere i go for the last week that I have had it. Oh, and did I mention the bag is made entirely out of seat belt material! Well it is!

Okay, so there was more in the package than just the bag. There were things inside the bag too. They got me a book I asked for called "The Last Lecture" by Randy Pausch . . . it was recommended to me by my second mom (not to be confused with my biological mother whom I will always know as Mommy). I also got some really cool markers. They are kind of hard to explain, so I'm not going to try, but I like them very much.

I would like to publicly Thank them once again for those super cool gifts. Thank you Sandy (my sister) for finding a bag you knew I would like instead of picking one you know you would like. Thank you mom for giving birth to me 25 years ago, even though I was a "surprise" and also for the gifts. And Thank you Dad, even though you had no idea what you got me, but you worked hard to support our family and made sure we had enough. (Although Cable tv would have been nice when we were little).

There is much more to tell about my 25th birthday, but I feel as though this getting longer than most people would like to read , so lets consider this part one. Don't worry there will be a part II!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Will you really write a part 2 or will you just forget about it. Kinda like you did with your trip to Chicago. I was sooooo looking forward to hearing about the thunder and lightning storm:( Your welcome and I am glad that you like the bag and actually use it!!!

Anonymous said...

Your Dad did the right thing.

It is a known fact that cable TV turns your brain to mush...