Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Progress

It's been a while and I think you've earned it.

Today at work there were some whole lemons sitting out. Before you start grilling me about why Top Secret agents have bowls of lemons sitting around, I'll just go ahead and tell you . . . that I can't tell you, because it's top secret. Instead I'll tell you what this bowl of lemons meant to me today . . . why they were more important to me today, than they have ever been on any other day with a bowl of lemons sitting out.

Juggling.

You saw my last video and how amazing I was right? Well I've only gotten better. Some of it was practice, but some of it was Cofo's technique of not practicing.

I saw the lemons at noon. Instantly I knew what I had to do. But I waited. I waited because I was busy with top secret things.

Finally around 2 o'clock my opportunity came. The opportunity to show the world what I could do. To show them that I'm so much more than just another top secret agent.

I grabbed three lemons and instantly felt a little nervous. Nervous because this time I wasn't just standing alone in my room practicing with actual juggling balls while nobody watched me.

I was using lemons. LEMONS! If I dropped one it would fall on the ground . . . and then what?! Would I have to throw the lemon away? Would my top secret agent boss get angry at me for inappropriate use of company property?

It didn't matter. The lemons were there and I had to juggle. Not only did I have to juggle, but I had to juggle where people could see. So after I grabbed the lemons I looked for the first person I could find and demanded that they watch.

And so I was on stage, sure, it was only one person, but they were looking at me. And guess what?

THEY WERE IMPRESSED! . . . SUCCESS!

I think it's safe to call myself a juggler. Time to break out the resume . . . some changes need to be made.

5 comments:

Syar said...

AWESOME! The juggling, the lemons, the video of you juggling with lemons - all of it, AWESOME.

Anonymous said...

I think you sped up that video...

What's next - bowling balls?

Madelyn said...

Syar - well the video isn't with lemons, but it's still awesome. Thank you.

Anon - actually that's just the way it uploaded. If I had the strength to juggle bowling balls I would.

Anonymous said...

Congrats on the progress! Fruit is definitely the most fun thing to juggle. Unless of course chainsaws or flaming swords are more fun - I wouldn't know. Let me know when you get there!

Verification word - boatize: The act of magically turning something into a boat.

cadiz12 said...

i think the flourish at the end is a nice touch. great job!