Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Mein Kampf

Is this title inappropriate? I can't decide.

Anyway, I wanted to give you all a little update on how "MY STRUGGLE" with Lent is going. I can honestly say I've never had so much trouble with something I've given up for Lent.

I thought sugar would be like nicotine. After three days it would be out of my system and it wouldn't be nearly as difficult after that. I was wrong. Dead wrong.

I long for it everyday. Every time I'm at the grocery store, I think "hey, maybe I'll get some candy" . . . because like I said before it is EVERYWHERE, and I love it. Not to mention they package it in bright pretty colors leaving me completely helpless in it's presence.

But then I am quickly reminded of the stupid mistake I made when I decided to give it up for Lent. Why couldn't I just pick going to the gym . . . or paying my bills?

Hindsight is twenty-twenty I guess.

In other news I have officially decided on my departure date . . . from Nevada that is . . . I will be leaving on the 15th of May. My brother lured me with tickets to a Brian Regan show . . . who could say no to that? Only an idiot.

That leaves me here for another month and a half. Yes, I have begun to panic. There is much to be done, and once again my laziness is severely exceeding my potential.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I don't even miss the beer...

I'll probably give it up again next year.

Jon said...

To be fair, Cadiz found out about Regan and alerted me. She wanted it to be a surprise, but I wasn't sure you'd come that early just because I said so.

Word Verification - imment: When something is so imminent, you don't have time to say imminent.

Anonymous said...

I think the time I gave up candy for Lent was the last time I gave something up. It was pretty horrible, and right up there with giving up soda. The point of Lent is to reflect on your faith and how you can improve your attitudes and your ways of living your faith.

How can you do that when all you can think about is how many days until Lent is over???

(verification word - pyron: Japanese for pylon.

cadiz12 said...

I'm right there with you in misery bc of no tv.

mr awesome said...

That is awesome!! I love Brian Regan! We have to talk about this at work!

Madelyn said...

Mr awesome - yea, you commented! I can't believe you like Brian Regan! He's one of my favorite comedians, but a lot of people don't care for Jim. I knew you were my BFF for a reason.

Madelyn said...

Him* not Jim.