Friday, June 20, 2008

Prayers Please

Here's the deal. My sister has 2 cats. Well, the other day one of them ate 50 feet of that string you sew with (what's that stuff called mom?) I know I said 4 on my twitter, but apparently it was more like 50.

She was puking yesterday morning so my sister decided to take her to the vet. They took X-Rays, and found the string in her stomach, with a high possibility that it will end up around her intestines. Then my sister took her to a cat surgeon where they quoted her an astronomical price. So now we are waiting.

My sister is watching her carefully, but here's the problem . . . they said to be worried if she's lethargic, continually puking, and not eating . . . BUT THAT'S HOW SHE ALWAYS IS . . . so we don't know what to think. Anyway, please pray for her or donate money for her surgery.

Make checks payable to CASH.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cats can amaze you with what they can survive, so you never know.

Anonymous said...

It's called THREAD!

Madelyn said...

Hmmm . . . that makes sense. I guess 6 years of college didn't learn me everything.

Anonymous said...

how come they can't just grab one end and start pulling?!?! Like all those clowns and magic people do.

Madelyn said...

It's funny, when she firtst ate the string, I saw some hanging out of her mouth, so I started pulling it. It was coming out, but she was gagging so I stopped. I shouldve kept pulling. It would have been a lot cheaper that way.

cadiz12 said...

yeah, but it could have looped around something and sliced it. with enough force, thread can be very sharp.

i hope the kitty is feeling better!