Friday, July 25, 2008

My SF Experience

I left for San Francisco on Sunday morning at 6:15 am. I didn't have any trouble waking up that morning because I didn't sleep a wink that night. This was partially from excitement, partially from stress, but there are also other factors I'd rather not mention at this time.

When I got to the airport my flight had been delayed 40 minutes. No big deal right? WRONG! I had forgotten how much I hate airports and all the people traveling within them. It might have been okay, had I brought something to do, but I didn't.

After what seemed like an eternity, I finally arrived at about 10:30 am. My friends (I'll call them Bo and Anna) picked me up and we headed straight for the wharf. On the way, Bo was quite the tourguide, but for all I know everything he said could have been made up.

My first impressions of the city were that it's messy, and squishy. I don't understand why these people refuse to paint the outside of their houses! Pastel is no longer in style, and I think the rest of America needs to tell them that!

The Wharf was not what I expected it to be at all. I expected it to be a lot smaller, and shorter. It is still a really cool place though. Anna says the best part about working on the Wharf is watching all the Tourists.

We had lunch at a seafood restaurant because Anna was against Bo's first choice. I ordered a burger, I know it's not seafood, but I like to think of cows as the Whales of the land. Bo got fish and chips and after going back and forth between several options Anna finally picked a bread bowl with a crab like soup in it. None of us were very impressed with our food, but Anna hated hers. The crab in her soup still had the shell on it, so she spent most of the meal getting it out. By the time she was done it no longer looked appetizing and her hands were covered in ickiness (yeah I said ickiness), so she left the restaurant dissappointed and hungry. The moral of this story is " Never pick your second choice, and never EVER disagree with Bo, because you will never hear the end of it . . . from me, not Bo."

I won't bore you with every tiny detail of my trip, but some of the highlights include: seeing Batman in Imax, almost getting an apartment, getting pedicures, eating at Bennihana, seeing the city at night, and a dinner at CPK that I will never forget.

All in all it was a good trip, and I hope we get an apartment soon so I can move A.S.A.P.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cows ARE whales of the land.

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a pretty cool trip.

Hope you can get an apartment soon...

cadiz12 said...

too bad about the soup. i think all soups in a bread bowl (in my experience so far) are fantastic.