Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Ta DaaaaAAA

Well, the bathroom is finally finished after only three weeks of work. Let me go over some of the details that were involved in this low budget renovation.

I sanded and repainted the vanity white. The hinges were also replaced. Instead of the rusty gold look my parents had, we replaced them with brushed nickel hinges. The handles had already been replaced with brushed nickel. Now everything matches.

We painted the bathroom a light green (it looks better than it sounds).

We replaced the toilet paper holder, hand towel ring, and the towel bar so that they were all brushed nickel.

We replaced the entire medicine cabinet because painting it seemed ridiculous (it was a piece of crap).

We replaced the light fixture. Unfortunately, it is not centered over the medicine cabinet. This is not something that can be easily fixed because the hole in the wall where wires go is not centered. The light fixture is also brushed nickel.

We painted the door and the baseboards white, and also replaced the hinges on the door to . . . you guessed it, brushed nickel.

We also had to put a new layer of caulk around the baseboards. This was more important than you think. It made it look ten times better.

Finally, we put a new piece of wood on one side of the vanity that was sort of coming apart.

All in all, it looks pretty good. It took a lot longer than I thought it would, and my father thought it would never get done. But we proved him wrong! And in the end, that's all that really matters.

So here you are, the pictures you've all (and when I say all, I mean my intermediate family that doesn't live here anymore) been waiting for. Enjoy!



3 comments:

cadiz12 said...

great work!

Unknown said...

Wow!!! Huge improvement!!! If I could offer just one small adjustment. I would switch out the shower curtain rings to either white or silver. Probably just white. Way to perservere Madelyn!!

Anonymous said...

This looks fantastic! I can't wait to see it in person.