Saturday, February 28, 2009

Long-Term Relationship

It has officially been one year since I started The Bowling Express blog spot, and I have to say, things are going pretty well. If I knew what the next level was my blog and I would be on our way there.

Well that's all I have to say about that. Let's talk about Lent.

I was raised Lutheran and my parents are hardcore Lutheran, so Lent has always been something I've tried to participate in. Now that I live with my parents again, it was easy to remember when Ash Wednesday was because they went to church and came back with Ashes on their foreheads.

So I thought long and hard about what would be difficult for me to give up. Redbull was the first and most obvious choice, but because I get migraines without it I decided to pass on that. The next thing that came to mind was food from the restaurant at which I work. I really like the food there so I decided this was the right choice.

The next day I thought about also giving up the internet. But I couldn't let my fans at the bowling express down, especially with Penguin Palace currently in progress! So I decided to just give up MySpace. This is something that will also be difficult for me because I check it constantly . . . although I never really leave comments, send messages or post bulletins . . . but I do check it.

So far I am having difficulty with both. On my break today I was really hungry. And I keep going to check myspace, but quickly stop myself.

Only 37 days to go!

What about you, did you give up anything for Lent? Please. Share.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

I gave up Starbucks. I was really regreting it when I had to wake up at 4:30 and never got to go back to sleep, but I stuck with it.

Anonymous said...

Coffee.

cadiz12 said...

this is the first year in a very very long time that i haven't at least tried to give something up. perhaps i'll try to ditch my pessimistic attitude.

but i highly doubt that will last for more than a few moments.

Madelyn said...

Amanda : Giving up Starbucks will save you a lot of money. If you drink it everyday that is. Why did you have to wake up at 4:30?

Anonymous: I know dad, I bet it's pretty hard right now as you're eating your toast and looking for something to wash it down with.

Cadiz: A pessimistic attitude is definitely hard to give up.

Anonymous said...

I gave up giving stuff up. It was a difficult choice, but I think it's the right thing to do. Or not do.

Madelyn said...

if you give up giving up stuff, then you are still giving something up. Are you not?