Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Driving and Easter and Nicotine oh my!

Yesterday was April 7th. On April 7th of 2000 I was officially given permission to drive a car alone. I would use the word, but every time I try and spell it it never looks right. It's a hard word to spell. I mean, is the c first, or the s. Sure I could just look it up, but I'm pretty lazy these days.

Easter is only 5 days away, and thank God! The things I gave up for lent have been tempting me everyday. I rarely give something up that I struggle with the entire time. So it has been a good challenge. I know they say you are allowed the things you gave up on Sundays, but I personally consider that to be cheating. Cough, mom, cough.

It just seems to me, that if you are going to give something up, it needs to be all or nothing. It's not like people who quit smoking can smoke every Sunday. But maybe that's not a fair comparison, what with the nicotine and all.

Speaking of addiction. . . what's up with candy? I think there might be nicotine in there too. I guess the FDA is only interested in double checking for that type of thing if the product contains tons of different chemicals and carcinogens. Well I for one want answers!

Okay, so maybe there's not nicotine in candy, but I'm pretty sure its in Red Bull.

Oh and here's another question. If they can sell the nicotine in a patch without the tobacco, then why can't they sell the tobacco without the nicotine. It seems to me that is what they should be pushing the tobacco companies to do. That way, if people want to smoke they can't blame nicotine for why they keep doing it.

I'm sure there's an answer out there, I'm just to lazy to look it up.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Tobacco without nicotine is like beer without alcohol - what's the point?

I understand they once invented a smokeless cigarette, but it never went into production...

cadiz12 said...

license is one of those words that just looks wrong.

i agree, breaks on Sundays is cheating. which is why i didn't bother giving anything up this year. i used to be very strict on these things, but i just didn't have it in me for 2009.