Monday, September 21, 2009

3 truths and a lie

Yup, time for another post of THREE TRUTHS AND A LIE. Let's get started shall we?

1.) Lately I've been feeling extremely lethargic both at work and at home. My face has also been twitching, and sometimes when I close my eyes it seems as though the room is spinning (with no alcohol involved). At first I thought it might just be anemia, but now, after watching hours on end of Grey's Anatomy, I am convinced I have a brain tumor.

2.) Three weeks ago I joined a gym. I've been trying really hard to eat healthy lately and have come to realize that fruits and vegetables are not only expensive, but you can't buy them in bulk. It's been a huge pain in the ass, and I'm losing a battle against candy. (hmmm, that was kind of three things in one wasn't it? . . . oh well, they're either all true, or all false, you decide)

3.) Recently I was in a car accident and my face now looks like this. I'm sorry I didn't call anybody, but I'm in a lot of pain.



4.) Last but not least, I gave up Red Bull about 2 weeks ago, unfortunately I bought one today. In fact i bought 2 (it was 2 for $5, how could I resist). I don't regret it though, not for one second.


Okay, I think it's pretty obvious which one is the lie, so there will be no prize this time. Good luck, not that you need it.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

So let's see... Gave up Red Bull, and you say now you feel lethargic?

Hmmmmm... What could it be???

Madelyn said...

yeah, but I started exercising again, and usually when I exercise I have more energy.

Anonymous said...

I would have to go with #4. I know you're in deep; I doubt you would try to give it up at this point.

Sorry about your face, by the way. That's a bummer.

Anonymous said...

Wow! Even with not living in the same house I know it's #3...It's just logic, plus your face has always looked like that to me.

cadiz12 said...

man, i got spoiled by winning a prize last time. the lack of incentive has rendered me unable to make a choice.

but i saw this episode of The Truth About Food and they took two die-hard caffeine addicts (who said they COULDN'T FUNCTION without their six cups of coffee a day) and secretly put one on decaf. after a few days of being sluggish and lethargic, once it was all out of his system, the guy on decaf was just as alert and had equal reaction times as before. so give yourself longer than a couple of weeks to kick the red bull.

also, one thing i learned from whitney houston is that the most addictive/bad-for-you stuff is the cheap stuff. i'm just saying.

Madelyn said...

Anonymous #1 - Yeah, now I'm sort of hooked on Pumpkin Spice Frappacinos though. Mostly because I love the taste, and one day I drank one and felt great. Unfortunately they cost twice as much and have A LOT more sugar.

Cofo - I give up on things pretty easily.

Anonymous # 2 - huh?

Cadiz - That's interesting. I wish they made decaf redbull. I don't think it would matter though, I love caffeine and the way it makes me feel.

Madelyn said...

Oh yeah, and number three is the lie, I wasn't in a car accident, my face has just always looked like that.