Monday, April 21, 2008

Procrastination is the key to success

I have two tests tomorrow, and as usual I have put off studying until the day before. I know it doesn't seem like enough time to study 8 chapters worth of material, but I've been using this system for about....well, my whole life. It's gotten me this far, so I figure I'll continue with the same pattern until the very end. Hmmm...maybe thats why I've been in college for 6 years?

So I'm studying by answering questions on review sheets given by the professors. I know what you're thinking, and you would be correct, college students are pretty much bottle fed the information we need to learn. At least at San Diego State. I remember in high school, they would do the same thing, but constantly told us it wouldn't be so easy in college. Thank God they were wrong or I probably wouldn't have made it this far.

Anyway, as I was saying, I am answering questions on review sheets given by the professors. They are both about 25 questions. . . or so it seems. It is so annoying when they give you like five questions in one question! It's deceitful and wrong! I know I shouldn't be complaining, they are pretty much just giving me the answers to the test, but it really irritates me when I end up spending 20 minutes on one question. Sorry, I just had to vent.

It is also irritating when you are trying to study and your sisters cats realize that the most comfortable place to take a nap is on top of all your papers or, that your pen is a cool new toy. It is also difficult to study when there are so many other things you could be doing. For example, instead of studying I could be staring at a wall, or counting flys, and have a lot more fun doing it!

Needless to say the constant battle of sitting down to study or stare at the wall is almost over. I'm sure one day I will miss it, or wish I were still in school. At least that's what people keep telling me. I think my brother has been the only person to say that he doesn't, nor has he ever missed it. However, going to school is definitely easier than figuring out what you want to do with the rest of your life.

3 comments:

cadiz12 said...

reading the entire book the night before was my preferred method of studying, too. until that one econ class with 1000 people, when i put my head down for a second during the final and slept for two and a half hours. when i woke up, there was only enough time to make patterns on the Scan-Tron (i did a lovely zig-zag). to this day i have hate for that jacka** i knew from high school who was sitting next to me and didn't bother to wake me up.

Anonymous said...

Cadiz12's story is the best I have ever heard about studying for finals. :) (Maybe a certain academic in Ohio can top it...)

Thing is, you will probably have nightmares the rest of your life about having to take a final exam - but you didn't go to even one class.

A college education teaches you how to study for anything, so you probably have it covered.

Madelyn said...

I already have nightmares about missing every class, and not realizing it until it was almost too late. Those are terrible. As for Cadiz12's story, that sounds terrible, luckily I don't read the books.