Monday, April 7, 2008

Just 8 years ago...

Just 8 years ago today, I received my drivers license. It was a great day for me, and a scary day for my parents. Over the last eight years of driving on the roads, I have only received one speeding ticket, only destroyed one car (without hurting anyone I might add), only received one ridiculous ticket...which I fought...and sort of won, and gone through three cars.

First there was my BMW. That's right a BMW. She was a reddish-orange, 1984 automatic 318i. I loved her very much. Unfortunately after 6 months of driving her she commited suicide. I guess she just couldn't go on living any longer. It was a misty day when she died. We were going to school, and driving on a windy road. The pavement was wet, and her wheels just couldn't handle it. So she ended her life. Don't worry, she protected me until the end. I was fine. A little shocked, and sad, but I was okay. She ran herself into a wall by the way. She took control of the wheel, did a 180, and ran into a wall. The reddish-orange marks are still there if you look close enough. I will always remember and miss her.

Then there was my Jeep. I HATED him. On the drive home from the dealership he ran out of gas. Then when we arrived home, his radiator busted. The gas gauge didn't work, the rearview mirror broke off, and he had a weird smell that I thought I could get rid of, but never did. After having him for six months, I was fed up! I put him up for sale the day after I bought my next car. He didn't sell. Nobody wanted him, and I don't blame them. He was a terrible car...it should have been him that hit the wall! Finally I traded him to get a motorcycle for my brother. I saw him a couple times...at the community college, and I prayed for his current owner. I don't miss him at all!

Finally, there is my current vehicle. We've been through a lot together. From five years of payments, to a broken air conditioner. He's always been good to me. I only had trouble with him once, and that was my fault, I should have gotten him a new battery sooner, but I forgot. He even went to Mexico, got completely trashed and came back. I guess he just missed me too much. I think we will be together for a long time (knock on wood).

So thats my driving past. It's been a good eight years, hopefully it will continue that way.

4 comments:

cadiz12 said...

sigh, i still miss my first car—a gray station wagon with a racing stripe that i put on by driving too close to a guard rail.

sounds like your current car will be with you until the end, if he left sunny mexico to come back.

Anonymous said...

At least you have never had to put a car down.

That can be heart-breaking...

Madelyn said...

I don't know, I would've thoroughly enjoyed putting that stupid Jeep down, but I'm sure he's dead now anyway.

Jon said...

I think the accident is the worst way to lose a car... I miss my talon... What a great car that was. If only everyone paid attention to stop signs...