Thursday, August 7, 2008

My most recent adventure part 2

When we last left off I was falling asleep on my brothers couch, it was almost as good as staying in a 1 star hotel! I woke up feeling sore and the opposite of well rested, but at least I didn't have to sleep in an underground parking garage like many Chicago natives do.

It's Friday now, and the beginning of my second full day in Illinois. I didn't know it then, but my decision to not buy a redbull that morning would have serious repercussions later that day.

My brother had the day off so we had plans, BIG plans! After we all showered. . . which took forever . . . we headed for Michigan avenue, the hippest place to be in Chicago. If you've never been there, well then, you haven't truly lived! Okay, it's not that great, but it is the talk of the town!

It was a hot muggy day and after about 5 minutes of walking, I needed another shower. Unfortunately, that wasn't an option, I had a city to see, and a limited amount of time to see it in!

Michigan avenue is basically a really crowded street with lots of stores and landmarks. We saw the Chicago tribune building, the famous Water Tower, and the Sears Tower might have been in there somewhere, but it could also be somewhere else entirely. We stopped at the mall for a short time where my sister bought some things and I averted my eyes from anything I might possibly want to buy because I am currently broke. It was fun!

For lunch my sister wanted a hot dog, a real city hot dog! Which is strange because I do recall her saying she would never eat a hot dog again after hearing about what they were made of in freshman Health. Nevertheless my brother guided us to some famous hot dog place called Portillo's. We got 2 hot dogs with the works : relish, tomatoes, onions, mustard, peppers, and a pickle spear. My sister thought it was wonderful, but I just thought it was okay. We also got an order of French Fries that were out of this world!

Our next stop was the river. My sister and I were going to take a boat tour! After a quick stop at my brother's girlfriends office we were on our way. We ended up taking an architectual / Michigan Lake tour. We learned all about the history of several buildings. For instance, did you know that inside the Sears Tower there is no Sears at all! Just kidding, it is a really tall building though. We also learned about the Great Chicago fire of 1871. Everything burned except for the Water Tower because everything was made of wood. The entire city was gone, they had to start from scratch!

During the boat tour, I began getting a headache. My lack of redbull was starting to take its toll on me and that was only the beginning. I thought I could nip it in the bud by getting a red bull on our way back to the condo, but the damage had already been done!

When we got back to the condo it was time to pack up our stuff again and head to Lisle, Illinois. My headache was getting bad, real bad! But we had to go, we were having a very important dinner that night. A very important dinner indeed!

We took the train to Lisle, and my sister and I checked into our hotel room while my brother and his girlfriend went to her parents house. My headache had turned to migraine now. I knew only one thing would help . . . Excedrine Migraine! Also known as "the miracle drug". My parents picked up my sister and I and I made them stop at a K-Mart so I could get my precious pills. Each moment without it in my blood stream was hell on earth. I felt like I was going to barf and my head was pounding!

When we arrived at K-Mart I ran inside, I was desperate for it. I pushed over anyone who got in my way, old people, small children, I didn't care I needed the drugs! All the while I was screaming where is it! Where is it! No one knew what I was talking about so it was up to me to find it. Once I had the pills in my hand I rushed to the checkout lane, the pills were almost mine! I paid and left. Now all I had to do was open the box, open the bottle, pull off the damn seal and swallow!

When I got into the car I couldn't open them fast enough, but my urge to vomit was getting worse. I paused for a minute, I didn't want to take one only to barf it up three seconds later. After a few moments I took one. Oh NO! I had swallowed to soon . . . it was too late now! I was going to barf.

Luckily they gave me a plastic bag for my purchase. I emptied the bag as quickly as possible throwing everything in it across the car, and then it happened. I vomited. Into a plastic bag.

I was surprised I vomited, I've had many migraines before where I felt as though I would barf, but never actually did. Afterwards I didn't feel any better, my head still felt like it was going to explode. Fortunately, I think I was done barfing. So I took two more Excedrine Migraine.

I will leave off there. Stay tuned to hear about the Important dinner, a wild time in Indiana, and a long drive that will blow your mind!

4 comments:

MommaLove said...

Sooooo sorry to hear about your headache, darlin'! Those can be brutal. However, I'm sure you are fine now.... soooooo.... (tapping fingers on desk.... big sigh.... ) waiting patiently for Part 3.... LOL! See you soon when I come visit you & "Anna & Bo!
Momma Love

Anonymous said...

You know you could have skipped the vomiting part entirely and it would have been a better story...

cadiz12 said...

the commercials always talk about Red Bull giving you wings, but they fail to mention the part about making you puke into a plastic bag in a K-mart parking lot if you can't get any.

Anonymous said...

I am so happy that I turned you into an Excedrine Migraine addict. Ok, so not really. I must apoligize. Although I think it must have to do with your addictive personality. We miss you though and hope that someday I will win the lotto so Caden and I can afford to stay in a hotel in San Fran to visit you.