Tuesday, August 26, 2008

I'm Sorry

okay, so I know I haven't been around and I would like to apologize to my 6 readers out there. I'm sorry. I know you are all waiting patiently for part four of My Most Recent Adventure series. However, motivation for me to write about that is at a bare minimum. You see, being the procrastinator that I am, I have forgotten most of what happened on that trip, and I feel that the rest of my story would not be that interesting to all of you. I also have no desire to try and remember what happened on those last three days.

Please, don't be angry with me. Over the last 2 weeks that I have lived in Daly city I have worked more hours than I have worked in a long time. I've been tired, I've been achy, and most unfortunately I have neglected this blog. I know that for most of you it is the highlight of your day, and I feel terrible for not updating since the fourteenth. I would also like to mention that I would have twittered, but every time I try my browser shuts down.

Stupid twitter.

Anyway, lets get you up to date on my current life in a strange new world.

Living in Daly City is nice. I've found my way to the bank, and the grocery store. So I know how to get to those two places pretty well. I could even tell you the names of a few streets. Impressive I know. I also know how to get to and from work.

I work on Fishermans Wharf. It's kind of a new adventure everyday. I never know who I might almost run over because tourists don't pay attention to cars or street lights. After all, they are pedestrians and they are more important than us simple folk driving. I also never know when a bus might almost hit me because they don't pay attention to oncoming traffic. I mean why should they, they are bigger and can do a lot more damage to us then we can do to them. Plus, they are working, which means where ever they need to go is far more important than anybody elses safety, let alone where they are going.

Did I mention I work about 8 miles from where I live. Well I do. Now I want you to think about how long it would take you to get 8 miles from where you live. It doesn't matter where, just so long as it's 8 miles away.

Are you thinking about it?

. . . . . . . .

. . . . . . .

. . . . . .

. . . . .

. . . .

. . .

. .

.

Was that long enough or do you need more time? Feel free to go for an eight mile drive if you need to, this post will still be here when you get back. I'll give you a little more time though. Just in case. I wouldn't want you to not take this seriously.

. . . . . . .

. . . . . .

. . . . .

. . . .

. . .

. .

.


Okay, now that you've thought about it, I will tell you how long it takes me to get to and from work. When I work at 11:30 am, I leave at 10:30 am. Getting there is a little faster than leaving, but still, it normally takes me 30 to 45 minutes. When I get off it takes me an hour to an hour and a half, and that's using the quick route.

It's a little ridiculous.

I know a lot of this sounds like complaining, or that maybe I don't like it here, but that's not true. I like it very much. In fact, I kind of enjoy the drive to work. When I wake up I think "ahhh, I have to work . . . but wait . . . I get a nice long relaxing drive first!" I know what you're thinking. . . "but you just said you get cut off all the time and almost demolished by busses?" Well, you're right, I did say that, but the greatest thing about the long drive to work is this. . . I can only get there as fast as I can get there. Maybe someday I won't wake up on time and show up to work half an hour late. "Why are you late?" my boss will say . . . "well, sir, I left an hour early, but the traffic was insane!" Next thing you know he feels bad for me, because I just waited in an hour and a half of traffic . . . or at least that's what he believes. (insert evil laugh here . . . you know the one, it kind of goes like this MUAHAUHAHAHA. . . and so on and so on.)

Now you are jealous of my long drive to work aren't you? It's okay, maybe someday you will be lucky enough to work an hour away that is only 8 miles.

The drive home is another story though. The drive home sucks. My back often hurts in an excrutiating kind of way after eight hours of looking down (which is basically what I do). I'm usually hungry because I haven't eaten all day, and sometimes I have to pee. I try to make the best of it though. I keep a tennis ball in my car to massage my back while I'm driving. I deal with the hunger by thinking of nauseating smells, and having to pee helps keep me awake.

All in all things are going pretty well for me right now. Constantly working helps me save money. I've only bought gas once in the last two weeks because I only work 8 miles away. Plus when I get home, I get to hang out with my cool roommates. I think the best part so far though, would have to be the weather. I love it when it's overcast. And it's almost always foggy and overcast here. It's great!

Lastly I would like to acknowledge a typo in my last post. I would go back and change it, but the likeliness of you reading it again and realizing that I changed it is probably slim to none. So here it is . . . I mispelled there, well actually I just used the wrong form of there (their, they're). I typed there, but it should have been their. I am extremely embarrassed as well as disappointed in myself from this mistake. I don't even want to get into how much I've let my mother down. So just know, that I eventually saw it, and realized what I had done wrong. I read each of my posts like eight times, but typos aren't always caught before publishing occurs. I hope you can forgive me, and have faith that I will try my best to not let you down again.

4 comments:

MommaLove said...

Sweetie - you do NOT need to apologize! This is your blog and you can write/not write any time you want! I just enjoy your writing... you make me laugh! So I understand the "busy" time you are having right now - adjusting to a new life... new city... cool roommates... the works! We loyal readers will be fine!!! It's all good! Hugs!
Momma Love

Anonymous said...

Moving and starting a new job is actually very stressful so be sure to give yourself some down time.

So the average speed of traffic in San Franciso is 8 mph... My commute is also an hour each way but I take the train 50 miles. Cars are entirely over-rated as a means of transportation.

I like fog also.

Keep us up to date by posting whenever you can...

cadiz12 said...

i was wondering how you were doing out there. thanks for the update.

i wouldn't worry about misspelling. i happen to know a ton of professional spellers, and they make mistakes all the time. everybody needs an editor. no need to apologize.

Unknown said...

You should only be sorry if you make it a habbit. Its been another week!! Also, I was really looking forward to your interpertation of the thunderstorms in Chicago.