Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Palace Update

I know most of you, if not all of you, are anxiously awaiting to see pictures of a finished Penguin Palace.

Well . . .





. . . Patience my loyal readers . . . patience.

My mother and I began the project last thursday. Thursday was the last day I had off from work. On friday and Saturday my mother worked on it while I was off dealing with needy cheap asses. When I got home I continued work on the palace.

We are almost there, but it is not quite ready for pictures.

And so, I will give you a reason to keep waiting, to keep coming back.

I will tell you a little bit about the Palace.

The walls are a magnificent blue. A blue you would only see in a place where penguins live.

Baseboards have been replaced. Some of you know what the old ones looked like, some of you don't. That doesn't really matter. All you need to know is that they look much better now.

Finally, a certain calendar, given to a brother by his eldest sister has been taken apart. Select pictures were then put into frames and hung on the walls of the Palace.

Oh it is a sight to see, I can promise you that. If only donations were being made, it would be finished a lot faster.

Make checks payable to cash please.

2 comments:

cadiz12 said...

can't wait to see pics! i learned this year that baseboard quality is highly underrated.

Anonymous said...

Sounds kinda frosty.

Is there going to be heating?