Thursday, March 26, 2009

Everyday

Everyday I think to myself "I really need to post today" so I sit there, and sit there, trying to think of what to say. I've even started a few, but quickly deemed them unworthy. Who knows if this one will even make the cut?

I often consider writing about my life as a server, but I think everyone knows how I feel about that.

I think about updating you on Penguin Palace, but, I have no pictures to show you.

I've tried posting about my thoughts on exercise, but then I get bored just typing about it.

Finally, I've tried posting about my recent obsession with "Frasier", but then I just feel pathetic.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I would like to hear about what i's like being a server.

You could tell us who were the good tippers and the bad ones...

Jon said...

welcome to my life. Nothing seems worth it anymore. You think you have an idea, and then it just seems stupid and not worth reading when you actually type it out. Next thing you know, you're writing posts about things you would be afraid of if you were a cat. It's sad.

I think everyone goes through it though. The only way to get past it is to keep on posting. Obviously, I don't subscribe to this theory, but it's supposed to work. I'll let you know if I figure it out.

Anonymous said...

jon's right: everyone DEFINITELY goes through this, madelyn. i think that's why that whole NaBloPoMo is the best kind of torture.

but i must say, this is an excellent post about not having anything to post about. i too would love to hear about being a server. my mom and i had some wonderful service today at the Olive Garden, which was a pleasant surprise. the manager came up to us at the end asking how things were and mostly wondering about the front of the room hostess and whether she held the door open for us (she did not). we thought that was weird.

Madelyn said...

perhaps I will post about my serving adventures. I'll have to warn you though, it's mostly complaining about bad tips. Which makes me feel greedy, but then again isn't everyone sort of greedy?

Anonymous said...

I'd like to hear about the strange conversations you must hear while you serve. Or the strange people you see.