Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Today

Who decided that if you aren't wearing green on St Patricks day you deserve to be pinched?

I'm not even Irish.

Why is green so important to these people?

What if I don't like the color green? Does that mean I have to go out and buy a shirt just for today?

I'm not really sure what is being celebrated today, nor do I really care. I'm pretty sure it's just another excuse for people to drink themselves stupid, only today they put food coloring in the beer.

Well I will have none of it!

On July 4th, we don't go around injuring people if they don't wear red white and blue. Okay, okay, maybe it's because it's asking a lot to wear three different colors, but still, what if I started a tradition where I kicked anyone who wasn't wearing those colors on that day.

It all just seems a little ridiculous.

I'm sorry if you are Irish and I have offended you.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I agree! Kick people who don't wear red whit and blue on the 4th of July!

cadiz12 said...

i love green. but i changed out of my green shirt on st. patrick's day because i didn't want to come off as a poser. and what gives with the pinching thing anyway?