Tuesday, June 9, 2009

10 Random Facts about Me You Probably Already Know

1.) I hate feet, Flip flops should be outlawed, especially if you don't take care of your feet.

2.) In eighth grade my class voted me "Class Clown" - at the time it wasn't because I was hilarious (although I was and still am), but it was because I wanted to be a clown, and I was pretty serious about it too.

3.) My least favorite food is pot roast. I will never understand why people like it.

4.) I don't understand how Applebee's is still in business right now.

5.) I have a really bad headache today.

6.) I became addicted to energy drinks in 2005. I bought a pair of jeans at Sun Diego (that's a store, I didn't spell San Diego wrong). They gave me a free Monster energy drink with my purchase. Random, I know. The next morning I had class at 8 am, and I left at 7. I drank the Monster on the way to class. It was the first time I was ever really able to pay attention and stay focused. Plus I didn't get my usual school induced headache that day. I became addicted and drank Monsters for about 1 year. For some reason I stopped drinking them. When I started again, I switched to Red Bull. I have been hopelessly addicted ever since. I tried to go back to Monsters, but after drinking Red Bull, they seemed to sweet. Which is weird, because I love sugar.

7.) Two things I'm really sick of hearing from people are as follows: " Smile." and " How come you never wear your hair down?" Those are the top 2. I'm also sick of hearing "Why are you so quiet?" . . . I'm sure there are others I just can't think of them right now.

8.) I have recently become a huge fan of Family Guy.

9.) When I was unemployed in 2007 from July 20th until August 20th ish I bought ten used bowling pins. I painted them all metallic blue with red stripes. It took me about a week. I wanted to make a sculpture with them using gorilla glue, but it never happened. When I moved out of that apartment I threw 8 of them away. I still have one, and I gave the other one to someone I no longer speak with.

10.) Another thing I did during that time of unemployment was paint my bike red. In order to do this I had to take it apart. Unfortunately, I have no idea how to put it back together and I have been unable to ride it ever since. It does look super cool in red though!


Do with this information what you will . . .

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

1. Feet can be beautiful.

2. Yeah, and you had an awesome clown suit, too.

3. Pot roast is delicious!!

4. Ditto

5. 2 words...Excedrin Migraine.

6. - 9. No comment.

10. It's amazing how energetic you get when unemployed, and how lethargic you are the rest of the time.

Jon said...

Feet are the worst. Anyone that says different is clearly out of their mind.

I forgot about your bike. Fly me home and I will fix it. Deal?

Anonymous said...

1 - Feet are indeed generally low-quality appendages, but I love wearing flip-flops. I get pedicures every day though, so it's okay.

2 - A noble aspiration. The world needs clowns as much as anything. Since you didn't say anything about changing your goals in life, it seems safe to assume that you are now a clown.

3 - Sorry, I don't mind it.

4 -One word: Riblets. I don't know if they're actually good, or even quite what they are, but they sound like something that would keep a restaurant in business.

5 - Me too!

6 - As someone who hates coffee, I definitely appreciate energy drinks when my sleep schedule deems them necessary.

7 - With your compexion, you really shouldn't be wearing your hair pulled back that tight. It pulls back the skin on your forehead, creating a tension which clogs the pores. That's why you have some light pattern dryness around your scalp.

Brownie points if you know the movie.

(Yes, I actually looked up the quote. I know the lines well, but not THAT well.)

8 - Good for you.

9-10 - Clearly, being unemployed encourages productivity (and painting). Why can't it be the other way around?

Madelyn said...

anonymous -1.) no, feet are gross. 2.) I did have an awesome clown suit. 3.) warm carrots bring that whole dish down. 4.) I'm glad you agree 5.) I purchased excedrine migraine later that night. 6-9) fine then. 10.) it sure is.

Jon - Feet are the worst! I don't think I will be flying you home though.

CoFo - 1.) Pedicures everyday huh? Sounds expensive, as well as unmanly. 2.) I guess now you know my profession. 3.) I thought we had a lot in common, but you wear flip flops AND you like pot roast!?! I don't know about you anymore. 4.) Riblets? Sounds like a made up food, something only Applebees would serve. 5.) Headaches are the worst. 6.) Yea for overpriced energy drinks that may or may not cause ulcers. 7.) Ummm, I'll get back to you on that. 8.) Good for me indeed. 9-10.) If only unemployment paid more.

cadiz12 said...

when i started college they gave away these "emergency kit" boxes for new students. the girls' had stuff like lady products and the boys had disposable razors, etc. but all of them had a packet of Vivarin. i saved that sucker until i had pulled an all-nighter and still hadn't started an 8-page paper at 4 in the morning. first i passed out face-first, then rose up like a zombie and couldn't sit still, let alone sleep for about three days. i wish i were kidding. so i will never again go anywhere near energy supplements. i hope you can quit that red bull nonsense someday.

cadiz12 said...

oh and i finished the paper in about half an hour and got an A. but being awake that long scared the crap out of me.

Anonymous said...

Those pedicures would be unmanly, but I get a MANicure with them every day! (Ba-dum, Crash!)


P.S. I only wear flip-flops when it's really hot, and only eat pot roast when I really have to. I'm not that bad.