Monday, March 29, 2010

Power, Balance, Performance Technology

A few weeks ago I was working, at my top secret place of work, when I noticed a fellow top secret agent wearing a bracelet that looks like this :



I asked him what it was assuming that it was just another rubber bracelet supporting some meaningful cause. I was wrong.

He told me it was a bracelet that uses frequencies found in nature to react positively with your bodies energy field.

[To be more specific, this is what the back of the box says: Performance Technology is a mylar hologram that is embedded with a range of frequencies found in nature that react positively with your body's energy field. It has been shown to improve balance, flexibility and strength as well as contributing to an overall sense of well being among it's users.]

I know what you're thinking, "Bullsh*t" right? That's what I thought too.

Then he did a demonstration for me. He told me to stand with my arms out, while standing on just my left leg. Then he said he was going to push down on my right arm as hard as he could and that he wanted me to resist. ( By the way, my coworker is like 6' 5") It didn't take much for me to fall over. (And when I say fall over I mean put my other leg down and kind of lean a lot closer to the ground . . . I just want it to be clear that this guy wasn't pushing me onto the ground.)

THEN he told me to put on his bracelet, and he did the same thing again. But this time it wasn't as easy for him to make me fall over . . . I still did, because I mean, this guy is 6'5", and I'm only 5'4", but it was definitely more difficult.

After that I had to have one of these "magic" bracelets. So I was in luck when he told me his brother sold them.

Perhaps you still think they don't really work, and that's understandable. But several people have since asked him about the bracelet, and every time he performs the demonstration on them they are all amazed.

4 comments:

cadiz12 said...

my brother had one of those things, but in some kind of rope, not mylar.

i worried that it would interact with his pacemaker and hid it. i know, i am going to hell. but extra balance just ain't worth monkeying with something that messes with his heartbeat.

Anonymous said...

I'm intrigued. I need to buy one of these.

I think the next logical experiment is to cover your arms and legs in these and see if you become a super hero.

Anonymous said...

It's called the placebo effect. A psych major should know better.

Unknown said...

My old lady friend Elaine has one of those. This client at Lawrance who looks just like John Turturro sold them. I don't believe it.