Sunday, February 24, 2013

Bacon

In improv, when you are given a suggestion for a scene, for example, driving, you're not supposed to talk about the act of driving.

Example of what not to do:

Person A: This car sure does shift smoothly.

Person B: Yeah, and how great is that steering wheel!?

Those scenes are considered boring and unrealistic, because in real life, that's not what you would talk about with someone while in a car. Unless you were test driving one, I suppose.

Well, I'm sitting on my bed in my dining room room, and my brother and his wife are cooking something.

Guess what? All they are talking about is what they are doing. I can't decide if I'm bored or not.

Karen: What should I grease this pan with? Butter? Cristco?

( My thought: make statements Karen!)

Jon: Yeah, butter.

Karen: Oh no, you're hands are going to smell like Creole all day.

( My thought: nice statement Karen.)

End.

What do you think? Bored? Not bored? I know, it's not improv, it's real life, but still.

In other news, isn't my nephew handsome!?

That shirt is only seconds away from a puddle of drool.


1 comment:

AJ said...

I LOVE this post!