Friday, February 15, 2013

Lent

February 13th, 2013 - Ash Wednesday. The day of the ashes, or something like that. I'm not sure on the specifics. What I do know is that it represents the beginning of Lent.

Okay, time to get real here.

Real honest that is.

I haven't attended a church service since Easter, 2010.

That's right, I don't even go on Christmas. I'm a rebel like that. Don't worry though, my parents go enough for at least me . . . maybe my other siblings too.

But back to Lent. I like to participate. I like the self discipline that's involved. #that'swhatstevesaid

So first off, I'm giving something up. Have you ever heard of Neuro? It's a delicious energy drink that I have found myself addicted to . . . on top of my morning coffee.


Don't be confused. I'm not giving up coffee or caffeine. Just this expensive, yet delicious drink that is probably no good for me. I'm on day 2, it's been rough.

Second, I am trying to read every other day. I've already started reading a book called, "The Help". Maybe you've heard of it . . . it's sort of a major motion picture now . . .  starring Emma Stone.

You - Why only every other day, lazy bones?

Well, I'm starting slow (you big judgmental jerk). I mean, it's not like I don't read every day. I read dozens of text messages/ facebook status updates on the reg, so yeah, I know how to read . . . been doing it since I was 6, but whatevs.

Thirdly, and this is another reason I'm not reading every day, I want to write every other day. On here. For all the world to see. So yeah, I think it's kind of a lot to ask to read AND write, EVERYDAY, all while no longer drinking my favorite energy drink.

Finally, and here's the best news, I will also be including a photo of my super adorable nephew in every post. Sounds like everybody's Lent just got A LOT better.

No comments: