Friday, January 30, 2009

Painting the Bathroom

My mother and I began painting the bathroom yesterday at around 11 am. Well, not actually painting by 11, but putting up tarps, and tape . . . you know . . . painting preparation stuff.

I talked to my older younger sister today and she made a good point. She said "painting always seems fun and easy at first, but in the end, it's just a huge pain in the ass." Unfortunately, you never remember this until well into the process or "the point of no return". Even now, knowing how difficult this has been I still want to paint what will be known as "The Penguin Palace". For some reason I think it will be easier. . . it's hard to explain.

Speaking of "Penguin Palace". . . I know many of you are eager to hear more about the details of this mysterious project. Unfortunately, as I have said before, I will not be revealing any details until it's completion. The only way to really find out more is to make a trip out here and help with the project ( I am referring to only my siblings of course . . . siblings-in-law and practically siblings-in-law included {you know who you are})

So that is what I have been doing for the last two days. It's going to be a long process, a very long process, but soon, nobody will mind staying here anymore. That is my promise to you.*

*In order to help make this promise possible donations are currently being accepted. Make checks payable to CASH. Thank You.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

When do we get photos?

Madelyn said...

patience anonymous, patience. Besides, nothing beats seeing it in person . . . although the walls and the cabinet have been painted there are still things that need to be done before I feel comfortable showing pictures. For example, the baseboards still need to be painted white . . . also we still need a new medicine cabinet, and a new light fixture. All things that would happen a little bit faster if donations were being made.

cadiz12 said...

alas i cannot make the trip, even though i have oodles of time and am chomping at the bit to be useful in some way, but i'm sending you good vibes because i know how much home improvements suck while you're in the middle of completing them.

good luck!

Anonymous said...

Perhaps I will be out to see this new bathroom. The hubs wants to take a road trip this summer. Unfortunately, I think even if you didn't clean/paint/fix the bathroom it will still be the cleanest one we'll see the whole trip.

Madelyn said...

Anonymous #2 - I feel like I don't know who this is. I want to say it's my oldest older sister, but she would never go on a road trip with her "hubs". Please reveal yourself.

Anonymous said...

Yes I would. I thought I'd try a new word. You don't like?

Madelyn said...

For the record, Mom is the one who convinced me it wasn't you. Although I don't really see you and your "hubs" going on a road trip because if I remember correctly, you have stated several times that you will never get in the car with him again. This may have been an exaggeration at the time, but I feel that a car trip would definitely be out of the question, unless someone else was driving and you were both in the back with a dark piece of glass preventing both of you from seeing through the front windshield.

Anonymous said...

Many things get said in the heat of the moment, and I didn't mean I would never get in the car with him again. But I do like your idea of having a driver.