Monday, December 6, 2010

Day 6

Today I woke up to a dreaded phone call.

It was a bad start to my morning.

Work wasn't much better.

But at least I got to open a present.

Today I got a candle that smells like a Christmas tree. I haven't lit it yet, but I think I will right now.

We still haven't gotten a Christmas tree for the house, but one of my roommates is very eager to go get one. Unfortunately, our schedules constantly clash, and both of the roommates are busy studying for finals this week. So for now, just the candle will have to do.

The beast got it because when we were kids we never really had real trees, at least not for most of my childhood. My mom is allergic . . . or so she says. She's also allergic to cats, but god forbid she let me have Spencer. Anyway, that's why she got it for me.

Only 15 more days 'til I blow this popsicle stand and head down to Southern California. Sixty degree weather is sounding pretty sweet right now. Although I'm extremely disappointed that we haven't gotten very much snow here. I want to build a snowman damnit. I want to get a carrot and a top hat and some rocks and make the sweetest looking snowman on the block.

Patience is indeed a virtue.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dreaded phone call? You can't just throw something like that out there and not explain! Anyway, I hope the candle helps. It's my favorite smell in the whole world.

cadiz12 said...

wait, your mom is allergic to cats?!?