Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Day 7

Today I got some gum. Two packages of polar ice and one pack of cigarette bubble gum. Now, I can chew gum and look cool at the same time.

Seriously though, who came up with bubble gum cigarettes? And why did parents think they were okay to buy?

"Here kids, now you can practice looking like you smoke, so that when you're thirteen and trying to fit in, you won't look like an idiot . . . no, no, no, hold it like this, between your index finger and your middle finger. The way you were doing it is how you hold a joint . . . yeah, you're right, you should probably practice both ways. Now, while you're practicing, drink a bottle of coke at the same time, you can pretend it's beer."

I can't say that I didn't always want bubble gum cigarettes when I was a kid though, I thought they were pretty awesome actually. And that, my friends, is probably why I went on to smoke real cigarettes when I got older.


Point made.

P.S. Just to clarify, I no longer smoke.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm glad to hear you don't smoke. It'll kill you.