Sunday, May 18, 2008

I'm Not Pregnant

The title of this post might be a little schocking for some of you. So let me calm you down a bit. I have not been trying to conceive a child, at this point in my life that would be dumb. I haven't spent the last two weeks worried that I was pregnant. In fact, pregnancy for me right now, is an impossibility.

The purpose for this post is just to tell as many people as possible that I am not pregnant.

Why do I feel the need to tell people?

Well, for some reason, ever since I moved in with my sister I have been receiving interesting mail. Mail that someone in my unpregnant condition, should not be receiving. It started out as coupons, and notices for upcoming sales, but it is getting worse lately and my sister and her husband will not believe me.

You see, the mail I have been getting is for stores like Babys R Us and Bergstroms. I have never even been inside of a Bergstroms. More recently I have gotten a free diaper, diaper coupons, letters from Gerber, and worst of all....a free box of formula. I don't know if I'm the butt of some really weird practical joke or what? All I know is that I'm not pregnant and my sister and her husband don't believe me.

So, if you hear anything from my sister about me possibly being pregnant, disregard it, because it's not, nor has it ever been, true.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

So, should we say "congratulations"?

cadiz12 said...

that's really too bad because this weekend (aside from watching the entirety of last season's So You Think You Can Dance in marathon format) I knit about fourteen baby booties, no two of which were the same size.

babies don't really care about ill-fitting footwear, anyway, do they?

Anonymous said...

Cadiz: The only thing babies care about in regard to footwear is getting it OFF!

Madelyn: Really? Free diapers and stuff? Just what you need!

Anonymous said...

Ok, well share the wealth...free diapers? Where do I sign up? Just kidding. Don't you have to...ummm do it to be pregnant? Have you been hiding something from me? We really do need to catch up. I guess I'll be seeing you in about a month. I'll be sure to find my old maternity clothing for you.