Sunday, May 11, 2008

Ode to my Mother

Thank you mom for all the home cooked meals,

For picking me up from school...

Even though it was in an ugly hunk of metal with wheels.

Thanks for all the chocolate milk,

and the clown costume made out of silk.

Thank You for "helping" me with all that homework,

and for putting up with me when I was a jerk.

Thank you for having just one more kid,

Even though you found out about me the way you did.

I know being a mother can be a thankless job,

but in the end, you get poems like this that make you sob.

Happy Mothers Day!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Inexplicable...
That's what I think about you,
Kid in a clown suit.

cadiz12 said...

hope you all had a great mother's day!

Anonymous said...

Anybody can buy a new car, but it takes real talent to keep an ugly hunk of metal with wheels running...

Madelyn said...

anonymous -

I hope you realize that I didn't write this poem to make fun of my mothers cars. That just kind of happened on its own. I agree that it takes a talented person to keep an old car running...but it takes a very brave person to drive that car around town.