Friday, May 30, 2008

Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie

The title of this post is simply a ploy to see if I can triple maybe even quadruple my traffic. I think it will work. However, as long as I have them as the title, I might as well say, What is up with those two? I'm sick of hearing about them. Who cares if they're are breaking up or if they're getting married.

Don't get me wrong, Brad Pitt is definitely someone I think is hot, but I think my chances of winning him over are slim to none.

Speaking of Definitely, why are people abbreviating that word now? Is it because they don't know how to spell it? Is it that they don't have time to say the whole thing? Or are they simply just trying to sound cool? Whatever it is, and I think my mother will agree with me on this, it must stop!

Why to we live in a world where pronouncing certain words wrong is accepted, and sometimes even encouraged. My mother and I were talking about this last week and we decided that people who say the following words must be eliminated from society or forced to repeat the 3rd grade, where these things were suppose to be learned.

Words : alls...all cannot be made more plural than it already is, acrosst... it's either crossed, or across...when you put the two together you have "crossed" the line. Tomorrow...of course this word is acceptable, but for goodness sakes people, learn how to spell it! So's...just don't say this (cough...dad...cough). Peeps...unless you are talking about the delicious marshmellow candy, than please...don't say it. There are two ways to spell the word your...however, they have different meanings. Your is possessive...meaning something that belongs to you (example : your room, your cat etc) You're is the words you and are combined meaning something about you or something "you are" going to do. So before you make a mistake and write the wrong one, think about what you are saying.

I don't know why this is so hard for some people, probably because they didn't graduate from college like me or maybe they just don't care. However, I'm telling you right now...CARE! Do it for people like me, someone who can't stand incorrect spelling and grammar.

Well that's all for now, but I'm just going to put down a few more things to increase traffic here at the bowling express


Mariah Carey

Indiana Jones

The Chronicles of Narnia

Sex and the City: The Movie

How to make money fast

New! Lose weight in your sleep...see how I used the word your in that sentence

Free Money

Okay, I'm done...my stat counter is currently at 738 visits...watch as it sky rockets!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I didn't know that Brad Pitt had taken up bowling.

Wonder what his average is?

Madelyn said...

I don't think I mentioned anything about Brad Pitt taking up bowling.

cadiz12 said...

i'm totally with you on all of them, except "peeps." i love peeps.

but i was great at 3rd grade, so i'd love to repeat it.

Anonymous said...

Don't forget the constantly annoying excape, expecially, supposably, and , of course, ax. Can I ax you something? Why do supposably educated people use words like expecillally and excape?

Madelyn said...

Thank you anonymous, I couldn't think of them all. Those are definitely words that must not be used anymore!

Jon said...

I'm also against rapper induced mispronunciations like Scurred. And I can't stand LOL speak. T9 makes it way to easy to spell words out correctly. But I think we all get our hatred of mispronounced words from mom. Ever since I was in pre-kindergarten, I've had a thing about proper pronunciation. Teacher Patty knows how to say our last name correctly, even if it did take me several months to drill it into her head.