Thursday, April 26, 2012

You Think You're Cooler Than Me?

Today I took a step towards a higher intelligence. 



I got a Library card for the local Library.

For those of you who are unfamiliar, a library is a place where you can go and borrow, that's right, borrow, any book you want . . . FOR FREE! They also have DVD's, CD's, magazines . . . the possibilites are endless.

It kind of makes you wonder why anyone has ever bought a book in their whole life! I know I feel like a fool for ever doing so.

And today, as I'm sure is true for every other day, the library was bumpin'. Apparently other people know about this place, and they are taking advantage!

I woke up at 7:30 this morning knowing exactly what I wanted and was hardly able to contain myself until 9:30, the time it opened.

Here's what I brought home:



That's right! Dick Van Dyke has an autobiography and I'm listening to it for FREE. In fact I put it on my computer. I OWN it! FOR FREE!

FREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!

The nice thing about having a crush on the younger version of an older celebrity: You get to hear their whole life story. It would be like if I got to read Ty Burrell's autobiography, today!


Nothing's better than instant gratification.

Why the audio version you ask? I can't very well have my eyes crap out on me when I'm super into the book and want to keep reading, can I?! CAN I?!


PLUS, he narrates. I would be an idiot to get any other version of this book. (i.e. paperback, hardback, digital)

I'm currently on chapter 12, and so far, I would highly recommend it to anyone who's interested in: a career in comedy, The Dick Van Dyke Show, Dick Van Dyke, handsome men, handsome men that are a lot older, Reno, Nevada (yup, he talks about it), Los Angeles, California, or television . . . in general.

I guess I'll show you another one of my envelopes now. Don't be too disappointed, it's not Dick Van Dyke or anything, but . . . I guess it's pretty cool.


This is one of my earlier envelopes (you know, from like 2 weeks ago) so it's not at the same level of complexity that I'm currently capable of, but it's Mickey, and everyone likes Mickey, right?





No comments: