Friday, November 16, 2012

Bicycle Gangs

Today I rode my bike to the gym. I don't want to say that makes me hard core, buuuuuuuut, the writing is kind of on the wall.

So here is a Pros and Cons list of riding my bike to the gym.

Pros

1.) It's good cardio.

2.)

Cons

1.) It's cold.

2.) It takes forever to get there (it's 5 miles from where I live).

3.) You run into bicycle gangs*.


I think this was their leader, you can tell by the fierce look in her eyes.

4.) You have to find a place to lock up your bike once you get there. The suburbs are not bike parking friendly.

5.) It's scary riding on the streets without sidewalks. 

6.) I'm pretty sure every car that had to slow down and kind of go around me, hated me. 

7.) After a tough workout, you have to bike home too.

Well, as you can see, the lists are pretty balanced, so I'll probably continue to do it. 

*Last night my brother specifically told me to never cross a bicycle gang. 

Now, I know you've all been waiting patiently for the answers to the Madelyn Pop quiz, so here you go:

1.) When I was 12, what did I run into while riding a moped? A parked car. (I guess, more specifically, it was my Aunts.)

2.) Where was my first job? Century 16 Theaters (Sweepin' up the popcorn with David D.)

3.) When I was a kid, what did I want to be when I grew up (I'll give you a hint, it didn't pan out)? A dinosaur bone finder (Clown was close, but I don't really feel like we can say that didn't pan out).

4.) What do I currently live in constant fear of (think liquids)? Having to pee when I am unable to, or when there is no bathroom around. 

5.) What was the name of my childhood best friend? Tiffany James

6.) What was my first car? A 1984, red orange BMW 318i

7.) What do I consider to be "the dumbest thing I ever did"? Moving to Reno (Sparks) (The one time I can truly say, I should have listened to my Mother). Buying the Jeep is a close second though.

8.) What are the names of all the cities that I've lived in? Ventura, San Diego (technically San Marcos too, but I wasn't really counting that one), Daly City, Sparks, and Lisle. 

9.) Where do I put my keys when I get home? I usually don't remember ( I felt like anyone related to me really should have known this, especially my parents and my sister A.. My SIL did get it correct though. Good job.)

10.) If I could be an animal, which one would I be? A cat. They get to sleep and eat all day, and the fatter they get, the cuter they look. ( Penguin was a good guess though, I do love me some penguins.)

A special shout-out to David D. for even trying AND for posting the answers to my FB Timeline.  Also, to anonymous commenter. You were pretty close on a lot of them. 



2 comments:

cadiz12 said...

i'm pretty sure your brother was talking about a motorcycle gang, but that lady looks pretty fierce.

be careful out there on the road--drivers are not good at looking out for bicyclists.

Jon said...

I make no such distinction between what kind of gangs she should not cross.

and I answered the quiz before looking at this. I screwed up the BMW year/model, but I nailed the Dinosaur Bone Finder.