Monday, November 12, 2012

Plugging

How often can you say, "Wow, that was a really good show." after just one episode.

Rarely. Well I found a show where I did just that. It's called "The Mindy Project" starring Mindy Kaling (Kelly Kapoor from The Office).

She plays a single doctor (an Indian doctor?! Whaaaa!) living in New York City.

She says everything women are usually thinking, but are to afraid to say out loud. She just may be, my new hero.

The only thing I don't like about the show: It's on Fox. A network famous for canceling anything that is even remotely good.

Example: Arrested Development  (note: this show is amazingly good, in case there was confusion.)

Luckily, they were smart, and have already picked it up for another season (although my sources on that information are just my GBFF* telling me so).

They are also slow as duck (yeah, I'm talking about actual ducks here . . . have you ever had to wait for a line of them to cross the street?) when it comes to airing new episodes.

Either way, it's a good show and you should watch it.

FACT: I had my GBFF* watch 3 shows she has never seen before: 1.) Portlandia (great show) 2.) Party Down (GREAT show) and 3.) The Mindy Project

SECOND FACT: The only one she is still watching is The Mindy Project.

'Nuff said.


This is how my nephew feels about Fox.

*To ensure that there are no hurt feelings here, I would like to distinguish that I have a Girl BFF and a Boy BFF. You know who you are. Don't fight over me.

1 comment:

Jon said...

Maybe one day I'll watch the show... we have a never ending queue and we are not blessed with as much TV time as you.