Wednesday, November 9, 2011

3 Truths and a lie

Congratulations to my Aunt L! She was the first to get all five of the riddles right!

In case you're too lazy to click on the comments section from my previous post, here are the correct answers.

1.) Eye 2.) Time (Although I can totally see internet working, A.S. . That was my first guess, before I looked at the answer, as well) 3.) Footsteps 4.) Yesterday, today, tomorrow 5.) A lighthouse

And now for todays contest! (I have a drawer full of prizes just waiting to be packaged and shipped!*)

I am going to tell you four things that happened to me recently. Three of them are true, and one of them is a lie. First one right gets a prize.

1.) In my writing class** we are suppose to keep a journal. So I came across a blank book I bought at The Paper Source and re-covered the front of it with Dinosaur paper. It's most likely the envy of all my classmates.

2.) My sister-in-law is currently teaching me how to sew. I want to make the best T-shirts*** my family has ever seen for Christmas this year.

3.) I am currently reading a series of books on my iPad, even though the hard copies are available to me.

4.) While buying a pie at the grocery store the other day, I had a nice conversation with the Russian**** checkout lady.

As you can see my life is full of non-stop excitement.

Unfortunately, due to the circumstances, I'm going to have to forbid Jon and Cadiz from guessing.

Good luck to the rest of you. Don't forget to sign your initials if your comments are anonymous.

*Don't worry, this prize drawer is about as impressive as the toy box they have at the Dentists office. (Those still exist, right?)

**I'm taking a writing class at The Second City.

***Every year for Christmas, I make my siblings and their spouses an awesome T-Shirt. So far this has just consisted of me buying 6 Hanes white T-Shirts and drawing on them with a permanent marker.

****Okay, so I'm only 95% sure she was Russian . . . my knowledge of Russian accents is based purely on watching the cartoon movie, An American Tail.

And now . . . just to make this post a little more awesome . . . Ladies and Gentlemen . . . For your viewing pleasure . . . Here's a picture of me . . . when I was a BABY! (Insert crowd going wild, here)

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love that picture.

I'm gonna guess you don't have an iPad...

Anonymous said...

You do have an ipad, but you aren't reading books on it. MM

cadiz12 said...

I'm banned from guessing, but I have to say I love that photo, too.

Anonymous said...

I'm guessing the learning to sew thing is a lie. Where are the pics of your sisters wearing matching dresses? KRM

Syar said...

No 4 is a lie! Was she actually Polish?

So, I mean, you can't answer this now but are both you and Jon taking writing classes at Second City? If so, cool!

cadiz12 said...

I'd be happy to teach you to sew, if you wanted.

cadiz12 said...
This comment has been removed by the author.