Saturday, November 26, 2011

And Not The Flavored Kind Either . . .

Most of you know it, some of you think it, but the fact is, I am, and always have been -

A candy expert.

Knowing this, you can now trust that my top five favorite candies, are indeed, the absolute best. You can also use this as the go-to list you refer to, when you're inevitably out and about, buying me candy.

5.) Zours - this candy is not very well known. In fact, I'm not even sure if they have them in Illinois. They are, however, the most delicious sour candy I have come across thus far. This includes the ever popular Sour Patch Kids. Don't get me wrong, I like Sour Patch Kids, but if it were between the two I'd pick the Zours every time.

4.) Cadbury mini eggs - not the big ones with the cream filling. Although, those are also delicious. I'm talking about the balls of milk chocolate with a hard candy shell. I think they are highly under rated because they look a bit like malt balls, (which, coincidentally, take the number 1 spot on my Top 5 worst candy of all time list) but don't let that fool you. They are amazing.

3.) Reeses Peanut Butter Cups - I like chocolate, I love Peanut butter, so it stands to reason that I would like them together. Not to mention they had the best commercials when I was little. I'm sure everyone reading this post, has tried to make a hole in the center of their Reeses Peanut Butter Cup . . . in fact I'm pretty sure, that everyone has purchased a package of Reeses Peanut Butter Cups just so they could try to make a hole in the middle. I personally failed every time.



2.) Skittles - It was tough trying to decide between Starburst and Skittles for this list. I love them both, but when it comes right down to it, I love Skittles more. I love the smell when someone else is eating them, I love the color when they're in a big bowl, but most of all, I love eating several at one time. Have you ever smelled an empty Skittles package? Why hasn't this been made into a cologne, or a perfume yet?

And now, for my number one favorite candy of ALL time! . . .

.

. . .

. . . .

. . . . .

. . . . . .

. . . . . . . . [Cue the trumpets]

. . . . . .

. . . . .

. . . .

. . .

. .

.

1.) RED VINES - There's nothing like having a big tub of Red Vines sitting in your house. Anybody that prefers Twizzlers over Red Vines needs to get their taste buds checked, because I'm pretty sure Twizzlers are made of wax . . . and not the flavored kind either. Red Vines are not only delicious on their own, but they can also double as a straw! I'm not a huge fan of doing this, but any candy that can multitask deserves a medal. A medal made of Gold . . . with a diamond rim. (I bet you thought I was going to say a medal made of Candy, didn't you? Well that would be dumb. A candy shouldn't get a fake medal made of some other kind of candy, it should get a medal made of the most precious medal on earth, because it's the most precious candy on earth.)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ye-, gotta go with Red Vines...

cadiz12 said...

i think i liked it better when we didn't know how the little brother made that hole in the Reese's Peanut Butter cup.