Sunday, November 6, 2011

Can't Sleep

I went to bed at about 1 am.

I woke up at 3:30 am, and got a drink of water.

I couldn't get back to sleep, so I surfed the internet for a while. (Did you know Andy Rooney died?)

Then I tried to go back to sleep again.

Still no luck.

So, I read two chapters of a book I've been reading.

When I was sure I couldn't keep my eyes open any longer, I put down the book and tried to sleep again.

I'm still awake.

It's 6:37 am.

I don't want to blame the RedBull, the cup of coffee, or the Excedrine Migraine I had yesterday . . . but it may be a contributing factor.


At least my post is done for the day.

************************************

It is now several hours later. 1:13 pm to be exact. I was finally able to fall asleep and didn't wake up until 11, only to realize that today is daylight savings and it was actually only 10 o'clock. Hoorah!

Now, for your viewing pleasure, a cute picture of a stuffed turtle I saw at the grocery store today.

Enjoy.


2 comments:

Syar said...

I stayed up until 6am, mostly because I slept in so late and also because I just started Season 2 of the Wire, and I had to go to work at about 10-ish, so I figured I'd just power through, but no, I went to bed at 7 (??) and then woke up at 10.30 and went in late. I can't explain any of this.

cadiz12 said...

i've been there. isn't it frustrating to not be able to sleep on command?