Monday, November 14, 2011

Soul Mates

Today I'm going to make a birthday card. I don't know if you know this about me, but my birthday cards are kind of a big deal.

I've always made birthday cards rather than buy them, for two reasons:

1.) I'm cheap

2.) It's very hard to find a card that says exactly want you want it to say.

Up until July 2011, my birthday cards were pretty good. I would use construction paper, draw something funny, and use an inside joke to really make it meaningful.

But then I found The Paper Source.

It was like meeting my soul mate . . . although I really don't know what that's like, but I'm sure it will feel the same way it felt when I first entered this store.

Magical.

Four months later our relationship is going strong. It makes me a better person . . . but more than that, it makes me a better crafter.

There is a downside to making birthday cards though.

Time.

These cards take me hours. But when you're in crafting mode, you don't even notice. I'm pretty sure its comprable to how a surgeon must feel while performing surgeries.

Here are a few examples of my work.


I made this one for a friend of mine who likes Jelly Fish.

This is the outside.

This is the inside.

Can you tell who I made this one for?

Side note: 13 years ago today my grandmother died. Rest in Peace Grandma.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

You made a birthday card for Henry Ellard?

Syar said...

I've been having so much trouble finding good thank you cards (need one for my supervisor). I wish you could make me one and teleport it to me.

Anonymous said...

As a recent recipient of one of these amazing cards I can say that she does put a lot of work into them and they are often funny as well. I look forward to seeing what she'll do next.

cadiz12 said...

madelyn's cards are AWESOME. the jellyfish is my favorite.