Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Don't "leave" me

When I lived in California, every day was almost the same. It was sunny. The most exciting weather we ever got was rain.

During the winter I used to pray for snow. My parents would tell me it had to be at least 30 degrees for it to snow, so I would monitor the temperature everyday.

A few times it did get into the thirties, but there wasn't going to be any snow. I didn't understand this at the time, so I just kept hoping.

WHY DID YOU LIE TO ME PARENTS . . . WHYYYYYYY?!?!?!?!

Anyway, I love living in a place where the seasons change.

Don't get me wrong, it has it's drawbacks. For instance, it's starting to get cold, really cold, and I'm already over it. Snow is fun to look at and play in, and for the most part I don't mind it, but leaving an extra half hour early to go to work simply so you can shovel your car out of the snow, and drive 25 mph the whole way there isn't exactly my idea of a good time. Good exercise though.

But this time of year is my favorite. It's only the second time I've witnessed it, but it's magical . . . sort of like my smile.

I think most of you know what I'm talking about . . . you know . . . when your neighborhood has these:

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I feel the exact same way - your beastly sister


Hahahahahahah my word verification is fards. Fart jokes never get old:)

Syar said...

I haven't seen snow in 14 years. :(

Anonymous said...

It might seem like I complain about the weather a lot, but I wouldn't want it any other way. Living in a place with distinguishable seasons is a real treat.

cadiz12 said...

this post just earned a very special place in my heart. please have your brother re-read this over and over when he feels the sunny-everyday tug of California this winter.

Jon said...

I'm sorry I like the sun so much guys. I like the leaves changing too, but why can't the temperature still stay up?