Saturday, November 6, 2010

Seat Belts

In 2008 I got a birthday present I would have never asked for in a million years. A purse. I never saw myself as a purse girl. They just always seemed like something for old people.

Unfortunately for me, I was constantly losing my wallet, which by the way, was also something I didn't really like having. For a very long time I would just carry around my license and debit card. I thought the wallet would help, but when I first got that, it turned out that instead of just losing my license, or just losing my debit card, I would lose them all at once.

While living with my San Diego sister she would constantly tell me that I needed to get a purse. I'm pretty sure she got sick of me constantly asking her if she had seen my wallet or my keys.

I never listened though. I was okay with my system . . . which consisted of putting my stuff wherever and hopefully remembering later where that wherever was, but if I couldn't remember, ten minutes of searching was just the price I had to pay.

Was it annoying? A little, and when I say a little, I mean very. Especially when I was running late for school or work. (Luckily, my version of running late was being less than ten minutes early.)

So anyway, in 2008 I received this for my birthday:



Pretty cool right? This purse is made entirely out of seat belts.

This is the only purse I have ever used.

Fast forward to present birthday. San Diego sister got me this:





Yup, a wallet made entirely out of seat belts. And I definitely needed it, because for the last 3 years I had been using a magic wallet . . . which, while extremely cool due to it's magical abilities, is not as efficient as one might think. There was no room for cash, limited room for various cards, and definitely no room for receipts.

Plus, it matches my purse, same brand and everything.

Thank You San Diego sister, formerly know as Older younger sister, but currently changed to San Diego sister because the other name was too confusing.

I likes it, I likes it a lot.

Oh, and just in case you were wondering where to pick up some of these bad ass seat belt items, the wallet came with these:



Don't be confused by knockoffs, Harvey's is the best . . . and the original. (I wonder if they'll give me money for this?)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, people actually got you things you liked for your birthday? That's nice;)

Anonymous said...

Cool!

cadiz12 said...

that purse and wallet are awesome!

while i pretty much always carry both, i have just come to realize i don't enjoy purses, but i LOVE bags. you know, big enough to have a book, some knitting, a map, a snack--anything you might need!

Syar said...

I spent months trying to find the right kind of messenger bag. So many requirements: Adjustable straps, wide enough and deep enough for my laptop, sturdy enough for heavy weight, enough space for books and pencil cases and purses and such and extra pockets. I finally found one on Etsy, where I go to find everything and where I spend most of my money, and I actually kept chancing upon this store that did the same thing with seatbelts, and in other colours too? Expensive though. It's here, just in case you're interested. Although I'm pretty sure if a bag and purse is made out of seatbelts it will last a pretty long time.