Friday, November 20, 2009

Bread Weather

Today has been a very cold day for me. When I drove to work this morning I was sure my car might blow over. Then, when I left work, rain decided to join the wind, and together they got the temperature to drop about 20 more degrees. Getting to my car was a B.

On the drive home I went about 60 the whole way while other cars flew past me. Perhaps being in a tiny Honda Civic, I feel more fear than most while driving in terrible weather conditions.

I also realized while driving that I had pretty much no food, and no real money to go shopping with. Luckily, there is always bread in the laundry room. I don't really know why there's always bread in there, but there is and it's free. The first time i saw all the bread I thought someone was having a party in the room next to the laundry room . . . you know, one of those rooms . . . what's it called . . . where residents in apartment complexes can have parties? Well, you get the idea. But then the next time I did laundry there was still a bunch of bread in there, but I didn't dare take any. Then I saw one of my neighbors leave her apartment with laundry and come back with bread . . . so I thought . . . I want in on all this free bread business.

There's all kinds of bread too. White bread, wheat bread, burger buns, baguettes, even english muffins . . . and it's all free. I know what you're thinking "it must be old, or the cheapest bread you can buy." BUT IT'S NOT! It's bread I would buy if I were to get it at the grocery store.

I don't know where it comes from, but it's free, and I like free things.

And that, my friends, is how I turn a post about weather, into a post about bread.

3 comments:

Syar said...

Between your post and Cofo's one about cinammon raisin toast...I might just go extract another slice for eatin' from the kitchen!!

I want a magic bread laundry (well that would just be weird).

Anonymous said...

Cool trick.

I hope there's cinnamon raisin bread. With an incentive like that, I'd do my laundry a lot more often.

Jon said...

Was this free bread listed in the amenities of your apartment complex when you signed your lease?