Sunday, November 15, 2009

Paper Airplanes

Paper airplains and chapped lips.

B batteries. Do you have any B batteries?

Scented lotion and baby talk.

Dog slobbering and jibber jabber.

Gum chewing and runny noses.

Headache faces and uno yelling.

Stupid questions followed by dumber ones.

Verizon sucks, but good luck switching over after today.

Name plates and the sound of typing on a keyboard.

Staplers screaming and building houses.

Cheating bastards and genies in a bottle.

Horses neighing and people cheering.

The creative writing process doesn't make sense sometimes.


(No I'm not drunk)

4 comments:

cadiz12 said...

the best things in life often don't make any sense to other people.

Anonymous said...

Wow, I didn't know you liked to write poetry. I like it.

Anonymous said...

Are you drunk?

No, but really. I assume this has some kind of deep meaning that goes over my head, either intentionally or unintentionally. Like all poetry, I'll just pretend I get it and say something like, "beautiful!"

Madelyn said...

I never thought of this as poetry. I just needed to post and quick. I just sort of wrote what was going on in the background.