Tuesday, November 24, 2009

My guitar

Right now I feel like "playing" my guitar. When I say play, I mean play the only three chords I can, or see if I can remember how to play the Happy Birthday song.

I love my guitar, and I would never get rid of it, I just wish I had more motivation to practice. Sure I could get lessons, but in this economy (I love to blame the economy for all my problems, i.e. if the economy weren't so bad I'd probably have a boyfriend, or damn this economy I have to do laundry again!) it seems like an unnecessary expense.

3 hours later

When I started this post I was about to leave for work. Well now I'm back ( yes it really has been only 3 hours) and I don't have much else to say about my guitar, so I thought I'd change the subject mid-post.

I am currently watching The Biggest Loser. This season the contestants are annoyingly emotional. They cry at everything . . . and yet I still watch. Don't ask me why, I guess it's one of those guilty pleasures.

I like to watch it while eating cookies, or ice cream . . . a few minutes ago I was watching it while eating In N Out ( I know most of you are extremely jealous of my easy access to In N Out).

Some of the contestants this season have lost an entire me and they're still kind of huge . . . not to mention all the excess skin they've got going on. Yuck.

Okay, that's it.

5 comments:

Syar said...

When I was visiting my friend in her country home (Australia's version of "the midwest"?) we watched the biggest loser and one of the contestants broke one of the cardinal rules of reality TV in that he put someone else above himself and nominated himself to go home? I don't get that! If you're ridiculous enough to even agree to and actively pursue a spot on a reality TV show, why strike out by making a rookie mistake? LAME.

I leave you with this quote from Sue Sylvester “All I want is just one day a year where I’m not visually assaulted by uglies and fatties.” Harsh, but REAL TALK.

Anonymous said...

Try learning one new chord each month. In a year you will be pretty good.

Jon said...

I'm still sticking with Guitar Hero for now, but good luck!

I haven't been watching reality TV lately, but I'm assuming it's still true that if the show has a good cast, the show will be entertaining. I don't think I'll be eligible for any shows unless they come up with a show called the Biggest Gainer. Of course, they'll also have to restrict the contestants to only people that can't gain weight easily.

cadiz12 said...

practicing is the single reason i'm not anywhere near in competition with Yo-Yo Ma. i expected the natural talent to take me somewhere. it didn't.

Anonymous said...

I have a guitar. I used to think I was going to get good at it, which seems to be the case with a lot of people.

And the people on The Biggest Loser... they're crying because they know you're eating unhealthy food. Shame on you!