Sunday, November 22, 2009

Last night

Last night I couldn't sleep. I went to bed around midnight feeling pretty tired. However, I like to fall asleep to the tv, so I put on season three of The Office.

Te next thing I knew I was done with the first disc and it was 2:30 in the morning. I was wide awake, and I had the jimmy legs.

There's nothing worse than the jimmy legs, or as some people refer to it Restless Leg Syndrome. I get it occassionally, and I really, really, really, really (really infinity) hate it.

I put in disc two of season three hoping I would fall asleep. I drifted in and out of sleep for the next few hours, but woke up again at 6am wide awake.

Sometimes I can fall asleep with the Jimmy Legs, and wake up without them. This time that was not the case.

At this point I decided to check my e-mail, fill out some online applications, and read some new comments on various blogs. I put my computer down at around 8 am and finally fell asleep until 12.

When I woke up I STILL HAD THE JIMMY LEGS!

I dilly dallied around until about 3 o'clock, struggling with The Jimmy Legs, when I finally decided I needed to go to the gym even though it is technically my rest day. I figured it was the only way to get rid of them.

I was expecting to be able to exercise for a long period of time because I thought the Jimmy legs were caused by too much energy. I was wrong. I did thirty minutes of cardio and felt tired.

Even though I was tired, I know the Jimmy Legs will be back later tonight. Which makes me really mad, but I don't know what to do.

7 comments:

Syar said...

I jiggle my legs on purpose before I go to sleep. It used to help me sleep as a kid, but not any more. My dad says I picked it up from him? Very weird. My teachers use to say jimmy legs shake the knowledge out of you, so they'd yell at us (me) when we had them during exams. Also very weird.

And there you go, my two jimmy legs (I love that phrase I want to marry it) related anecdotes for you.

Anonymous said...

Hmmm...Could the Jimmy legs have anything to do with Red Bull?

Madelyn said...

SYAR - i think your teachers were just annoyed with your jimmy legs. And if you do end up marrying that phrase, I think I should be the maid of honor since I basically made you realize that you want to marry it.

Anonymous - I'm off the bull thank you very much. But it probably was the Excedrine Migraine i took earlier that day.

Jon said...

I get this too. Not very often, but it's just about the most annoying thing ever.

Jon said...

Hey, have you ever accidentally hit the audio captcha (the handicap sign to the right of the word verification box) and thought your head had been invaded by aliens?

Yeah... me neither...

cadiz12 said...

i thought that whole restless legs thing was a myth until i saw it for myself. i'm sorry.

SO GLAD YOU'RE OFF THE RED BULL SAUCE!

Anonymous said...

I HATE THAT.

I don't often get jimmy legs, but they usually strike at the most inopportune time (long plane or car rides).