Friday, November 6, 2009

The Chair

I've lived in Sparks, Nevada for about 4 months now. During the first month the only furniture I had in the living room were two barstools.

In the second month my BFF decided to let me use her couch. It was very exciting . You would understand if you lived without a couch for a month.

Over the next few weeks I bought a shelf for my DVD's as well as a proper stand for my television (I had been using a nightstand).

The whole time I have lived here I've wanted a chair. Unfortunately, I couldn't afford one. I might have taken out a loan from a furniture store, but then I bought this MacBook Pro (which is way more worth it).

On Tuesday I decided to go to the local Good Will store to see if they had any good chairs for a reasonable price. I knew they would be old fashion, but that didn't bother me . . . vintage is in, right?

After about ten minutes, I found it. The perfect chair at an amazing price.




Isn't it beautiful? ( I'm not asking you A.C.S.) I want to cover it with a different fabric in the same way I did the couch. If you're unfamiliar with that story, basically I used fabric glue and cut up a couch cover to custom fit the cover to the couch.

Any suggestions on what color I should use? Also, feel free to guess how much I paid for the chair.

Oh, and did I mention it rocks? ( as in back and forth)

8 comments:

Jon said...

It's amazing how much we take the simple things for granted: Air, Hair and Chairs. (see what I did there? pretty clever, huh?)

I vote for some sort of splotchy pattern. That way you can spill on it and stuff and not even care.

cadiz12 said...

i vote for you to leave it just the way it is; unless it's dirty or smelly.

i think it has character. i'm guessing you paid $30.

Anonymous said...

That's the only way to buy furnature.

Ten bucks, tops.

Anonymous said...

I agree with Anonymous, I think you paid 10 bucks. I think you should get a cover that is darker than the one on your couch, but in the same color family. I wish our good will had decent furniture.

Unknown said...

Its tufted on the back. How are you going to cover that?? Leave it how it is.

Anonymous said...

You should keep it how it is. The chair stays classy AND it's less work.

Madelyn said...

The chair doesn't smell, but it is a little bit dirty on the back and the arms. I paid 15 bucks for it. I thought it was a steal!

Syar said...

The chair looks darn good. And 15 bucks? Sweet as. Is it that blue velvety stuff that you can draw patterns in with your finger? That's what I did in relatives' houses when I was bored. The best. I say go for a darker slip cover or something, but I like it as is too.