Saturday, November 21, 2009

Chewing Gum

A few days ago, after reading Syar's blog, I really wanted some gum (she mentioned videogum several times).

The problem is that I can't chew gum. Well, technically I can, but it gives me a headache. Sometimes I just look at gum and I can feel the headache I will get if I were to chew it.

However, if I have taken Excedrine migraine I can chew it without getting a headache.

So the other day I took some Excedrine migraine because . . . well . . . I had a migraine. Then, later, I went to the store to buy my daily supply of apples (6), and I thought, hey . . . I really want some bubble gum.

After spending ten minutes picking out the perfect pack of gum to satisfy my craving, i purchased it and began to chew. It was delicious.

Unfortunately, today I wanted some gum because I saw someone chewing some in a movie. (Isn't it weird how, all that has to happen for you to want something is to see someone else with it?)

So now I'm chewing it and the headache is already here, I pretty much got the headache as soon as I put it in my mouth.

It's not fair, why can't I just chew gum like normal people?

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Now I feel guilty for having the ability to chew gum without getting a headache, but never chewing gum.

Guess I better start.

Syar said...

I ate buttered toast with jam because of you and Cofo. It really is just a matter of someone else having it or just talking about it. But I don't get headaches from toast, thank goodness. That's really too bad, how much preparation you need just to enjoy gum. I'd do what Cofo is doing and chew gum so as not to waste my chewing-gum-without-getting-a-headache ability, but it's a Sunday and I live in nowheresville so nothing's open. Maybe I'll just pretend to chew gum and actually get a headache. In solidarity!

Jon said...

I don't get a headache, but my jaw really hurts. Of course, some might argue that the jaw is part of the head, thus I get a headache. I don't know. I don't think it's the same, but I'm not supposed to chew gum. Or so says my former dentist. It might be genetic.

Also, my word verification is lardo. I don't know what that means...

cadiz12 said...

chewing gum is overrated.

however, BUTTERED TOAST WITH JAM IS FRACKING DELICIOUS. and not so headache-inducing.

Anonymous said...

You should look up to see what gum is made of - might be a clue as to why you get migrains...